Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blog Review: Design "Fraidy Cat Creations"


"The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection." - Michelangelo

Pat Atencios' blog design is simple, yet has a calm vibe to it. The blog's blue background emphasis her art work, making each piece stand out on the screen. The quotes posted to the right side of the blog, have abstract images that match the message embedded in the words. My impression of Fraidy Cat Creations is laid back, with a touch of fantasy.Many of her pieces reflect the world of magic,surrealism, and ancient designs. It seems that Pat believes she has no need to have videos or other media to go along with her work; the pieces speak for themselves.

I think Pat has put a time and effort in this blog; she shows cases her work with pride and confidence. But, we live in a fast paced world; people have the need to see quick videos, instead of reading the whole chunk of information (sad,yet true). Though I love Pat's blog, I believe that by adding videos that shows her creativity in action: Clay molding, sewing, and painting can expand her audience, and welcome new individuals who are interested in different art forms.

Pat has made me take a second look at my own blog. I keep wondering if I have enough images to balance the information I present to my audience. I have the tendency to be descriptive with a overload of imagery in my paragraphs (this is the Fiction Major side of me). Sometimes a image can stand alone, without a large scale of text behind it. In my opinion Pat has horned in on this "balance" not overbearing her audience with too many images or words, but just enough to get her viewers logging back on for more.


_ID_5387414678670822626" />

1 comment:

  1. Consider defining your terms. You say that the blog you are reviewing is "simple, yet calm." What do those things mean? It is always best to begin with a baseline. After you've established that, you can go on to measure anything against it.

    ReplyDelete